VR SAM Forums
Attention MOAA members: MOAA Rejects Proposed Resolution to Assist Military Homeowners
Last Post May 11, 2010 10:10 AM by Joe and Deb - VR SAM. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Joe and Deb - VR SAMUser is Offline VR SAM Senior Member Senior Member Posts:328
--
May 11, 2010 10:10 AM

Recently I responded to a MOAA, Military Officers of American Association, request for inputs to their Resolutions Committee regarding their 2010 legislative agenda.  

My proposal essentially contained the following:

1.  A tax credit for Military Homeowners who had lost money on their home sales, or on rentals, when forced to relocate due to PCS orders.

2.  Modifying VA guidelines to allow Military Families to refinance rentals resulting from PCS orders with VA loans.

3.  A long term solution to this decades old problem with benefits for Career Military Families, that mirrors the benefits enjoyed by other Federal Agencies employees.  

I regret that the MOAA Board of Directors declined to take on the challenge of helping Military Families in this situation, despite the fact that posts to heir own forum clearly demonstrate the extent and seriousness of the problem to their own membership.  Citing the fact that "tax credits, VA loan refinancing for rentals, and benefits for career designated families" would face an up-hill battle based on the potential costs" as the reason for rejection, the "board did not favorably consider" these proposals.   

As as member of the Military, our nation asks you to "take on up hill battles!"   Shouldn't your MOAA association, and all non-profit military assoications take on an "up hill battle" for you and your family?   If you are a member, I suggest you make your feelings known.   I readily acknowledge that the "long term" solution is a tough challange.  But if this government can throw tax credits for "cash for clunkers," and offer new and repeat homeowners "tax credits" simply for purchasing a home, is a tax credit for your loses when your employer, the US government, orders you to move so  unreasonable?  

Just my thoughts.   Joe Gladden, 25 year MOAA member

Joe and Deb Gladden
    703 754-3036
    Fax: 703 848-3690
    homesformilitary@vrsam.com
    http://www.vrsam.com
    Specializing in Military, Defense Contractors, Fed Employees Relocation.
    Ask us About Fawn Lake - Virginia's Best Kept Secret!
    Tags: MOAA declines to support Military Homeowners
    You are not authorized to post a reply.